The Sun has got into History, with a sequence of mocked up front pages on its special website, "Hold Ye Front Page" about various significant historical events. These include:
- The birth of art, 20,000 years ago ("Makeover team wrecked my cave")
- The discoveries of Archimedes in 240 BC ("You streaker - Outrage as Archimedes leaps from bath in naked dash")
- The influence of Arab Scientists, from 776AD ("Arab swotter and the Philosopher's Stone")
- Darwin's Theory of Evolution, from 1859 ("Monkey Nutter")
- The victories of Jesse Owens at the 1936 Olympics ("This one's 4 you, Herr Hitler")
Please let us know if you find any other interesting subjects!