Saturday 4 January 2014

Trigger Happy Maggie




     Hiya readers, it's me again! There are probably about 100 things that I should be doing right now, including putting my room in some semblance of order, but why do that when I could rant at you guys about things that happened ages ago but still annoy me irrationally? And seeing as pretty much everything annoys me, due to the fact that my teenage hormones are trying to work out what’s going on, there's always a lot to talk about.
So. What is it this time? Well, settle down and be grateful this isn’t a YouTube video, in which case you'd have to unplug the sound.
 As some of you may know, 'classified information' is allowed in the public domain after 25 years (theoretically) in Britain. Which give eternally grumpy people like me fresh material all the time, especially seeing as a lot of Margaret Thatcher’s original ideas are coming to light right now. And as a result of this, some of the paperwork discussing to 1984 miners strike has come to light, and boy is it controversial! The more observant of you may have noticed that 1984-2014 is 30 years, but apparently our government can change the '25 year rule' is it 'isn’t in the public’s best interest'. I don't think I even need to go into my feelings about that, if you've been reading my articles for a while you should know my take on free speech and freedom of information. Anyway, I’m being sidetracked.
 So because of this rule that has been sort-of adhered to, it has come to light that Margaret Thatcher had a very unusual idea of how to deal with the striking miners. To send in troops to deal with them and basically force them into the mines. Now, I have my own views on Margaret Thatcher as a whole, which I think it's wise not to go the full hog on, because I can get quite carried away  (I know, it's a surprise!). But I think it's fair to be relatively outraged at this. I understand that it may have seemed like the only option at the time, and I’m extremely glad that it wasn’t carried out, because (let’s be honest) it wasn't that much of a great idea. In idea terms, it was almost as bad as when Mr Hitler looked at Mrs Hitler one evening and said ‘shall we go upstairs, love’  
 Alright, my extremely messy room calls for my help. I know this has been a brief and nonsensical post, but mine are always nonsensical, and it’s probably better for you if they’re brief!

 E.C

No comments:

Post a Comment