Monday 11 November 2013

The Only Thing I Ever Remember....




Hello my lovely blog readers, unfortunately for you it's me again. I have to say , this post is really a miracle post. Simply because I remembered to post. It goes without saying that somebody with as notoriously low brain power as myself has a little bit of trouble remembering things. If we're being political with wordings. But I’m not going to be political with wordings, I’m going to call a spade a spade and be honest: my memory is horrendous. We're talking so bad sometimes I think I wouldn't remember to eat unless my stomach told me a seemingly amazing amount of times. For me to remember a date, it must be accompanied by the kind of mad-hatter rhyme that sticks in my mad-hatter brain. So the fact that I remembered today is a feat worth a medal. In fact, I remembered it before it even happened. If that is possible.
 Today is, of course, Armistice Day. I borrowed a pound of a friend on Thursday to pay for my own poppy, and have remembered since then. And it worries me that the amount of people I see wearing poppies has dwindled. Maybe because this is one of the first generations without even parents affected by the war, I don’t know, and I’m not saying people dont care. But sometimes, I think people just forget. Forget Remembrance Day.
 Not me. It's one of the few things I remember without writing it on my hand. I go down to the local war memorial and I (like everybody else) observe the two minutes silence. Not because I myself have any family connection really to the army, but because I, like everybody else, have great personal connection to the army. Because without them, we would be living in a different world. And I’m not saying that I advocate military action or anything like that, but I’m saying it’s a necessity. A necessity  people die for. So really, in light of that, how could I not wear a poppy?
 I wore my poppy with pride today, and I hope you did to. Anyway, until next time...
  E.C

No comments:

Post a Comment