Monday 7 September 2009

Land Girls


BBC1 have dropped the Weakest Link in favour of drama called "The Land Girls" this week to mark the anniversary of the outbreak of World War 2. More details (and iPlayer links) here and here. If you watch it, please let us know what you think - proper historical drama, or daytime TV with turnips and 1940s fashions?

In other news, the BBC People's War archive is an excellent resource of people's memories of life in the conflict and on the home front. It can be found here.

UPDATE: Thanks for the comments so far - glad that people are enjoying it! If there are any interesting storylines, characters or historical situations please let us know.

3 comments:

  1. After seeing this on the blog my friend and I have been watching 'Land Girls'. I love that its a drama and not simply a documentary. I'm sure I'll be tuning in for the next part tommorow! Thankyou HP blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An entertaining historical drama, with reference to significant events from this period of the war, thoroughly enjoyable, and a good introduction to Britian in WW2. The castle looks suspiciously like Hampton Court Palace, and is that Liza Lu from BBC's Tess of the D'urbervilles playing Bea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this series! After the first one, I was addicted :D

    ReplyDelete